Spears Art Studio Statements of Faith
1. God is One, eternally manifest in Three Persons: God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit. (John 1:1; John 10:30; James 2:19).
2. The Bible is the Word of God consisting only of the Old and New Testaments, the absolute truth verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit and inerrant in the original manuscripts, and is our written guide for righteous living (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; John 6:63)
3. All mankind fell from the presence and grace of God when Adam sinned. Everyone born since Adam, therefore, has been born into sin and comes short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23, 5:12).
4. God gave His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, born of a virgin Who knew no sin, to take our place in death for our sin (John 3:16-18). The death of Jesus Christ of Nazareth on the Cross and the shedding of His Blood completely satisfied the judgment upon mankind for that sin, and then rose from the dead bodily, and ascended into heaven, seated at the right hand of God the Father (Romans 5:6-8). Every person must repent of sin and receive Jesus as Savior, receiving the gift of righteousness and eternal life, being filled with the Holy Spirit into Christ, to be back in fellowship with God. (2 Corinthians 7:10; James 4:8; 1 John 1:8). Salvation is therefore by faith and not by works, and those who have received eternal life make up the true Church - the Body of Christ.
5. There is a literal Heaven and a literal Hell two kingdoms: the kingdom of light/God and the kingdom of darkness/Satan. People who receive Jesus Christ of Nazareth as Savior will be resurrected to eternal life and go to Heaven to live with the Lord forever. The unsaved will be resurrected to damnation. Hell was created for Satan and his angels and is eternal separation from God. Hell was not created for people, but people will go there when they die if they refuse to receive Jesus as Savior. (Matthew 25:41; John 3:3-6; Hebrews 5:8-9).
6. Water baptism is an outward sign of repentance and restoration to God. (Acts 2:38; 1 Peter 3:21; Matthew 3:11).
7. Divine healing and deliverance are God’s will for all. (Is. 53:4-5; Psalm 103:1-3).
8. God will show us His specific plan and purpose for our lives. (Romans 8:14; John 15:7).
9. Prayer is made to God the Father in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ by the guidance and assistance of the Holy Spirit. Prayer is essential for a continued fellowship with the Lord and with other Christians and for a successful Christian walk. (Colossians 3:17; John 14:13-14) Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father continually making intercession for us.
10. Salvation is threefold: spirit, soul, and body. Salvation of the spirit (justification) occurs when Jesus is received as Savior. This step allows a person to go to Heaven upon death (Colossians 1:13-14; Romans 10:8-10). Salvation of the soul (sanctification) is a “walk” or process of making Jesus Lord and learning how to live according to God’s principles and requirements. God wants every believer to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit (with the evidence of speaking in tongues) to help the believer be victorious in this walk. Walking closely with the Lord is necessary to become like Jesus (John 14:16-17; Acts 2:17-18; John 4:23-24). We have His gifts of the Holy Spirit to be able to minister to others (John 1:12; Acts 2:38; I Corinthians 12: 4-11). Salvation of the body (glorification) will occur when believers receive his/her glorified body at the “Rapture” and in the New Kingdom (Philippians 3:2-21; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
11. Christ commanded the Church to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every nation, baptizing and teaching those who believe.